Monday, April 2, 2012

Pretty Spoiled

Mav is on outpatient pediatrics.  It's sweet.

The weather here has been glorious.  It was 90 today.  Squeaks and I, along with our neighbors, blew up the pool in the backyard and played all day long.

Spoiled, huh?

Around five this evening, I felt horrible.  I thought I had tunnel vision.  I was woozy.  It felt like my brain was swollen and could possibly blow out of my head.  I was hot but cold.  Maybe dehydration or heat exhaustion.  Who knows.

Well, I laid on the couch and told Mav I was going to die.  Dramatic, I know.   He asked me what was for dinner.  I didn't even raise my head to stare at him but I told him I was going to make tater-tot casserole.  Now, I was doing nothing but dying!  I told him that he and Squeaks were on their own.

Mav told me to go take a nap and he'd make dinner.  I refused.  I needed to do my homework.  I only have two weeks left and I have to pass this blasted math class.  I tried to listen to a lecture.  I tried for about two minutes but couldn't manage.  I got up slowly and walked past Mav who was starting dinner.  I told him to wake me up in 45 minutes or so.

And I crashed.  I woke up 45 minutes later to dinner on the table.

Spoiled, huh?


Want the recipe for my tater-tot casserole?  Click below to see it.  My two year old and picky husband love it.  Best of all, it was easy enough to explain to Mav how to make it, all by himself. 
Tater-tot Casserole

1/2 lbs browned, drained hamburger
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
Tater-tots, baked according to package
Cheese, lots of it

Mix cream of mushroom soup and hamburger in 8x8 pan.  Layer tater-tots on top of soup mixture.  Cover with foil.  Stick in the oven at 375 for about 20 minutes or until soup is bubbly.  Sprinkle (a lot) cheese over tater-tots and return to oven till cheese is melted.  Serve!  We serve it with green beans.  They go pretty good with it.  Enjoy! 

1 comment: